|Vision and Mission|
Nova Scotia Yachting Association
Vision, Mission, & Pursuits
Approved by the NSYA Board of Directors, January 10, 2006
· Promote high performance sailing success at regional, national, and international levels.
· Being the authority and voice of Nova Scotian competitive sailing and recreational boating.
· Providing guidance, leadership, support and services to our membership.
· Supporting national standards and policies for excellence in training, competition, and safety for sailing and recreational boating in Nova Scotia.
· Expanding participation in sailing and recreational boating in Nova Scotia.
CSP Goal: Enhanced Participation
NSYA Pursuit: To have a significant portion of Nova Scotians enjoy and support competitive sailing and recreational boating activities by;
· Developing participation activities in collaboration with our stakeholders and other organizations.
· Maintaining and strengthening NSYA’s delivery of education programs.
· Communicating the values of healthy active living through accessible boating for all Nova Scotians.
· Supporting our member clubs in their pursuit of enhance participation and growth.
· Tracking participation and the demographics
NSYA Pursuit: To support athletic achievement leading towards world class results in competitive sailing by:
· Strengthening team and administrative support to athlete development.
· Promoting top quality coaching, equipment and resources at both the provincial and club level.
· Supporting and implementing the CYA long term athlete development program.
· Identify high performance athletes as they develop from the local level up to the national and international level of competition.
CSP Goal: Enhanced Capacity
NSYA Pursuit: To have a capable and efficient organization developing and supporting quality competitive sailing and recreational boating related activities by:
· Developing, implementing, and supporting programs to ensure that coaches, officials, instructors, and administrators are capable of delivering a quality sport experience to all participants.
· Assisting all areas of the province develop competitive sailing and recreational boating programs.
· Working with members and partners to develop a provincial infrastructure of facilities and programs that make the best use of all resources.
CSP Goal: Enhanced Interaction
NSYA Pursuit: To have strong and active collaboration and communication among partners by:
· Developing a clear understanding and ownership in roles and responsibilities for each part of the organization.
· Actively collaborating and communicating with stakeholders and partners to increase excellence, participation and capacity.
· Actively seek new partnerships to promote our sport.